Say no, stop the hurt don’t ignore the pain.Get help move out you can move on.
You may be in a relationship where you love your partner you think every time you split up due to domestic violence and you end up back together again everything will turn out ok.
Is It really the best thing for your baby or children?
Do you love your partner that much that you think you’ll never have anyone else in the future so you end up together again only for the violence to start all over and over and over again.
What will the end be ? you dead due to a slit throat? what will become of your kids?
Do you not see the hurt its causing them .
What about a screaming child that sees this ? Do you think that this is normal behaviour? do you think your kids will learn from it? do you think your kids will be just like them when they grow older?
Or are you so in love with your partner that nothing else matters not even your kids at t he end of the day.
Something to think about
Imagine your 2 year old telling you some home truths… something like this
“please daddy go away, don’t hurt my mummy again today. The hurt the pain I see it all the kick, the punch her head bashed in the wall a bleeding lip a bruise on her head when i wake up mummy will you be found dead”.
baby boy 6 month old ….I scream, I cry, I cant get to sleep I dream’t that My mummy wouldn’t wake up today to get me my milk as she really gone away .The noise was too much stop, stop, it hurts it hurts then a blast of a sound I heard very loud,from the gun, my mummy is dead my daddy he shot her right here near my bed.The blood trickled down at the side of her head goodnight dear mummy now I know you are dead.
3 year old…
Ive wet the bed again tonight, the screams the shouting it gives me such a fright.I wake up sweating Oh when will it end my mummy’s boyfriend is here yet again.Does she really love me is this what we do to cause so much hurt oh what can I do. I know ill go and live with my nan who gives me a cuddle and breakfast with jam.She smiles at me as we go to the zoo yet mummy seems to say go off and play when Ive nothing to do she loves her boyfriend more than me and my brother and will keep her dear boyfriend by having another.
you do not have to stay in a relationship that there is violence here is help click the link just below.
Today we look at some of the terminology associated with a baby’s death either in the womb whilst mum- to- be is pregnant of after delivery.pregnancy loss Miscarriage stillbirth fetal demise termination abortion stillborn
sometimes in pregnancy when a mum has her 20 week scan the results may reveal a slight abnormality with the baby if baby may not survive in the long term an abortion also known as a termination is offered by the medical staff. This news puts parents on the spot there and then to make a decision that has really been made for them that shouldn’t have.You do not have to have one if the prognosis isn’t good.Even if the clinical staff want to advise you its for the best! It would be far better for baby to die naturally at birth in the loving arms of a parent than to be physically torn from the womb.
Abortion: the deliberate termination of pregnancy by the removal or expulsion from the uterus the baby in the womb prior to viability.
miscarriage this usually happens in the first trimester due to being something wrong at the embryo stage with the baby.A miscarriage can happen later too before 24 weeks gestational age a pregnancy loss.
Miscarriage: early fetal loss An unsuccessful outcome before the growing baby is able to survive independently outside the womb. happens either spontaneously or as the result of accident.The pregnancy comes are from the womb,the woman is no longer pregnant.
Stillbirth sometimes there isnt an answer to why baby was born a stillbirth. It could be due a shoulder displaia or baby thta had a too tight a cord around the neck .
Stillbirth: the delivery of baby that had passed 24 weeks into pregnancy but passed away in the womb or during birth.
Stillborn: the baby that has been born dead.
Fetal demise:no heart beat,often detected during a scan can reveal a fetal loss, when a growing baby in the early -middle stages of pregnancy has died in the womb.
Pregnancy loss : the woman is no longer pregnant because the baby had died in the womb.
Ectopic pregnancy ectopic pregnancies are not usually very rare effecting in every 100 pregnancies they are dangerous for the mother, since internal bleeding is a life-threatening complication. the growing early embryo implants itself in the fallopian tube instead of the uterus wall lining.
This week we are focusing on Debt and managing money better for a family so today we look at hiding debt letters .
Here in the UK there are some bills that can spiral out of control before you know it.mainly its when you ignore a bill so many times and don’t make regular payments that the letters turn from a small amount to a huge debt in a matter of no time.
Bills such s Rent council tax and Tv license are the worst type of debts because if not paid they take you to court even if you don’t show up.
In most cases it’s because you are hiding the debt letters and the amount cannot be reduced because court costs will be added making the debt even bigger.Hiding debt letters can make you lose your home and or face jail.
With young children the stress levels go up and you end up shouting at the kids which isn’t fair on them.Imagine having a bailiff come round to see what furniture you have so they can sell it to pay off your debt. Imagine having the bailiffs seize your kids beds to pay the debt off. If you do not sort out letters before it goes to court these are the next steps that will happen.
A bailiff is an appointed person that can enter your home and take your goods to clear the debt owed by you or your partner. if you love your kids so much there is a way of escape. To face debt problems head on tackling the fear head on and being a strong person instead of the cowards way out ignoring debt!.
taking the step tomorrow we look at getting help without more stress added onto you
Dear Cheeky Chums I’ve finally got a new house of my own with my girlfriend.Shes pregnant and wont stop spending now I’m overdrawn in the bank how can we manage our money better ?
This week we are focusing on Debt and managing money better for a family so today we look at Budgeting Better.
Put the following Budget plan into practice and you wont go wrong in future with all you spend.
- you need a few sheets of scrap paper ,2 note books 3 empty tins. and a fridge magnet.
budget plan notebook 1
what comes in
- List every income amount that comes into the household.It could be a wage,income support, Job seekers allowance, Child benefit or child tax credit etc.
- write down where the money comes from, on the left hand side of the notebook and on the right ,write down the amount. work it out on a weekly or monthly basis.Even if some are paid fortnightly split it up
- for example wage 200.oo net a week child benefit 18.00 a week (even if its paid monthly)
- when you have included every amount tot up the total.
budget plan notebook 2
what goes out
scrap of paper
both of you need to write down every single item you spend a week even if its newspapers delivered,dinners at the works canteen,shampoos, clothes, credit cards, sky tv,mobile phone top ups,gas bills ,electric and so on. you can always add to this list if you think of something later.then write down a typical cost ie shampoo 3.00 a bottle
now that you have written everything down on the second notebook list the most important items first these are
budgeting List A (urgent ones that must be paid before anything else) these include items such as
- rent,council tax or mortgage if you have one
- then TV licence if you have a tv in the house.
budgeting list B
- all utility bills these will be gas,electric, water.
- then food and clothes.
these are the essentials that you need to physically live on. If you owe money or debts all the items listed above will always take priority over anything else that needs to be paid off.
Budgeting list c
covers things such as insurance for the house, bricks and mortar household insurance pension plans,Life insurance.
budgeting list D luxury goods
then add any item such as regular payments from the bank such as sky tv package,mobile phone contracts etc.
Budgeting List E DEBTS
these are items you may fall behind with a lot such as a catalogue,car on finance credit cards.
when you compare the 2 notebooks and the scrap paper you can look at items you don’t really need to cut cost and budget better always remember list A and b first .No matter if you have so much debt creditors cannot make you pay a debt first before the top ones.
if you find you have more going out than you have coming in, then you are overspending and must take a look what you can cut back on. borrowing money from a loan company just to pay a utility bill will not help you long term.
the tins in the 3 tins you can keep urgent letters
important items you don’t want to lose such as a birth certificate, marriage ,license etc.
tin 2 for keeping this years bills
tin 3 for how to work kettle leaflets,guarantee bills for a Hoover etc,keeping these together future reference means you know where they are just in case.
tin 3 for bargain coupons money off vouchers etc.
the fridge magnet
you make 2 copies of what goes out of the bank so you know which bills need paying every week at a glance on the fridge so as a bill comes in it’s not missed or lost.
Tomorrow we look at hiding debt letters and not facing up to money worries ….there is a way out of debt
Dear Cheeky Chums I darn’t tell my mum but I don’t know what to do now with my contract phone bills and other debts I cannot cope now they are threatening me every day if I don’t pay they say the’ll take me to Court what shall I do?
As a teenage mum or and any single parent with a part time Job and a baby there are a few rules to stopping debts escalating and getting you in a position where you are back in control.
It may seem harsh but some things have to go and some are more a priority than others as Debts can soon mount up if you do not tighten your purse strings. Debts and budgeting are such a big issue , we will feature Managing Debts this coming week along with budgeting with a family but for now lets concentrate on priority debts.
No matter where you live in the world the 2 rules are simple
- what money do you have coming into the house.
- what do you spend your money on.
You cannot pay someone a huge amount instantly for instance 1,300 if they threaten you if you only have £96.00 a week to live on .
So you look at what are classed as urgent bills first that have to be paid.
Here in the UK we have Council house Rent, pay a Private rent to a landlord or a mortgage to buy a house this is where you live and provide a shelter for you and your baby or family so these must be paid first.or you can loose your home. You may get help such as housing benefit which will help if you out if are on a low income.
next anything that can be illegal such as not having a TV licence where you can be sent to jail or the bailiffs can seize anything in your property to sell to pay a debt off. Council tax you can be sent to prison if these type of bills are not paid.so these are priority debts.
Next things such as utility bills water, gas, electric.
then food and clothes.
anything else left over is then split for debts . non essentials such as a sky tv,mobile phones,internet a car are not classed as urgent bills so if you cannot afford them they have to go.
tomorrow we look at working it all out called budgeting.
What new gadgets do you know that are coming out to make it easier for parents ?
We found these amazing and some im not so sure about.a power-folding stroller, smart socks, self-warming bottles,IPOTTY the toilet training potty with built in Ipad dock,Embrace infant warmer, an affordable and portable incubator for premature babies in developing countries—are only available for medical professionals.
What problem gadget would you like solving for your baby something to keep baby entertained in the car whilst driving perhaps?
Baby foods that don’t stain clothes ? baby shoes that stay on the feet so you don’t loose them when out and about with baby? tell us what you would invent and why? leave a comment just below
The daily mail reported research in to how newborn babies born to obese mums have thicker artery walls are a sign of heart disease.
A few years ago Our local council said it wasn’t going to allow any more food outlets shops open in our local town and now its flooded with junk food shops galore .I wondered how do these shops survive in the current economic crisis but you look around different towns in the UK alone and its the same every where.Driving through a small town called Leigh in Lancashire and I counted 21 fast food shops just alone.Ask a lot of people where do they eat at home or take out and you will see take out is a preferred outlet compared to home cooking.
I think the introduction of the micro wave years ago changed the way people prepare food.A tax was called on fizzy sugary drinks only last week but do you think this will stop people buying these bottles of pop. Not me I cant drink sugar free and that’s just me.
So what is the solution. Our local doctors provided free classes for the gym and fitness training which were fully booked now its cancellled due to lack of funds err come on how much money will it save the NHS if more people use them tell us what do you think? leave a comment just below.
The media always tries to grab news on important celebrities even the UK. The Royal Family is in this weeks news again featured Princess Kate in a bad light about rude photographs and clothing fashion in pregnancy so what about the good news for a change.
The world is fixed on this special baby because its Prince Wills baby too.
Price William shows his joy by singing to the baby bmp and we have found a news article featuring some beautiful snap shots of Princess Kate baby bump its so cute. What do you think of this Royal Pregnancy will you be following her progress Do you think she will be all baby or will she blossom out all over and not just the tummy area tell us your comments just below and click the link to see her recent photographs too.
my children family safe British horse meat Scandal
The tip of the iceberg has been broken regarding Horse meat found first in Tesco burgers then other supermarkets processed foods now lasagne.
has our busy lifestyles and a recession means cooking less home cooked meals for ourselves and children how can you keep your children safe from contaminated meat and other food products. here are our top 3 tips
- Buy Joints from your local butcher looked for stamped meat a sign that has been traced from animal to meat product sourced from the UK and mince them your selves (SEE INTERNET FOR FOOD STANDARDS AGENCY)
- Grow your own veg with the children even with no garden in some large tubs its fun,cheap and healthier than adding pesticides that can be harmful.
- check out this site if you order in or take away food a lot is it hygiene safe?
Why discuss such a topic.Because babies do unfortunately pass away in the womb and if we can let parents know of terms the nursing staff may use,then it can give parents just a little insight of what to expect in the worse case.
what is a fetal demise?
FETAL DEMISE – A term used to describe fetal death in utero; the loss of a fetus at any stage is a fetal demise.Intrauterine Fetal Death Demise (IUFD) is the death of a fetus that occurs for no apparent reason in a normal, uncomplicated pregnancy. It happens in about 1% of pregnancies and is usually (depending on the resource) considered a fetal death when it occurs after the 20th week of pregnancy and/or weight equal to or more than 500 grams. Generally speaking, a miscarriage is a fetal death which occurs prior to 20 weeks of gestation.
The mother’s health is usually not jeopardized with intrauterine fetal demise.
Signs and symptoms of pregnancy may subside.
No symptoms may occur in the early stages of pregnancy. The diagnosis is based on the absence of fetal heart tones, the lack of uterine growth or ultrasound studies during prenatal examinations.
In later stages of pregnancy, a woman may be aware of changes in the fetal movement (kicks) or that the movement has stopped.
Does a fetal demise at 20 have to have a burial?
No, but a fetal demise a baby loss can have a funeral at any gestational age its up to the parents.In the United Kingdom by law its 24 weeks gestational age that a baby has have a burial or cremation.
fetal demise babyloss 16-18 weeks gestation do you get a stillborn death certificate?
No only after 24 weeks in the Uk at present but this could change in the future to acknowledge a very early baby loss.
Parental feelings of loss, guilt, loneliness, anxiety and hostility should be acknowledged and faced. Family and friends can help with sympathetic listening and close physical comforting. If severe grief lasts longer than several months, professional counseling is recommended. Both the parents are urged to join a grief support group (available in most communities). evaluation of fetal death.
A new grandparent can be a good source of help when the right advice and enough support is given.However many families fall out because what a grandma forgets is that its not her baby but that its only a grandchild.
Lets look at how some overhelping hands from an eager grandparent that can turn into an argument.
Nanna takes charge!
“This is the way you get the baby’s wind up Carol”,
Taking baby straight from mum and showing her.This is no way to get respect, you aren’t even giving her the chance.
Alternative way is “Carol if you find it hard just gives us a yell and ill have a go for you”.Notice the grandparent remians unobtrusive in her approach, a much better way.
Mum takes baby in pram into a coldback garden to rock her to sleep without any blanket on.
Nanny Takes charge!
“Carol get that baby a blanket on.Carol do it now before she catches cold”
Alternative way Nanna could always ask “did the health visitor give you guidelines for keeping baby warm without putting too many blankets on”.oh she hasnt got one shall i fetch you one at least to keep the chill off her.This way she is asking for approval before getting a blanket. This way makes mum think is baby warm enough without being nagged at by nanna.
Being a good grandparent the easy way without causing friction, in just 7 easy steps.
- Give the new mum sound advice about a newborn grandchild without seeming to be interfering.
- Don’t offer to show her how to old her newborn baby let mum learn for herself.
- Don’t take over if the dad wants a try his hand at bathing the newbaby etc it will knock his self confidence.
- Offer to do chores at her house whilst she tends to the baby, but offer to take over caring for the little one if she wants to take a nap.
- Remember don’t get carried away by being to fussy,wanting to take over as the mother figure is not good, its her newborn baby after all.
- Be there at the end of the phone when she needs to ask you what to do, but don’t rush over and take over. Being a new mum is also about learning to do things your self but with good support from family.
- Offer your baby sitting services once in a while ie send her a greeting card with voucher for 2 baby sitting nights in.
baby loss multiple pregnancy how grandma can help
Dear Cheeky Chums my daughter just had triplets 2 died what can I do to help as the other little girl is doing good yet still in the Nicu.She has asked me to arrange the buriall but I don’t know where to start, she is also a single parent, dad left her when he found out she was pregnant?
Here is how to help with the babies burial without being too intrusive.
Briefly ask mum what colour outfits she wants for the babies and if she wants them to be together in a coffin or separate? we can help you with getting the right size outfits for them.Basically collect as many items as you can for a memory box so when mum is home with her other baby and when she is ready she can go through the box to treasure the tiny gifts.It will help her to grieve and remember her little babies she lost.She may regret not having them dressed and will feel distressed is she learns they were buried feeling cold. As her time will be spent more at the hospital and her mind on other things she will find you a good support if she doesn’t have to worry about song choices or poems you can find appropriate songs poems verses funeral arrangements etc on our main bereavement website at the bottom of the page see
This blog post contains upsetting information which some readers may find offensive if so, please press your back button now. Many people need this valuable information for a family with this comforting advice needed
When preparing for a sensitive baby funeral which hymns to sing is often a hard decision for parents. choosing an adult one is much easier when the person that passed away often has a firm favourite.
Its is much more difficult to get it right for a baby loss that was not expected at all.
Why you do not pick various nursery rhymes for a baby funeral.
Some nursery rhymes wrote about a 100 years agao are still going strong today. However there are too points to bear in mind.polictical correctness has changed plus some are in appropriate to say the least for a baby funeral.Ring a Ring a Roses talks about the black death. Rock a Bye baby talks about a baby falling out of a treee. three blind mice cutting their tales off the lsit goes on Mary Mary one of the King of Englands queens head being chopped off etc.So these are a no no for a funeral.
Use the funeral as an opportunity to give your baby treasured memories with a celebration of life, picking songs that children love and are popular kids favourites.These songs have been selected for you because you want to create a happy and loving atmosphere to say a final good bye. You can pick from any of these songs.Depending on an organaist or pianist but often a church may let you play a cd instead. check when the funeral director asks for your requirements. (P.S as a nursery nurse and sunday school teacher I wanted to let you know which children’s songs they love to hear over and over again based on my experience and a love of working with children)
These are funeral songs more suitable for babies and children that have passed away.
you can type a search on You Tube as everyone posts video clips of children/ adults singing them. if there are some that you have never heard or come across before.
- He’s got the whole world in his hands.
- If I were a butterfly,Id thank you lord for Giving me wings…
- Jesus bids us shine.
- Red and yellow and pink and green (rainbow song)
- Welcome to the family (type in on Google for a Salty cd use you tube to listen to any song before hand)
- This little light of mine.
- Somewhere over the rainbow.(Eva Casidy’s versions good)
- Twinkle twinkle little star.
- Insy winsy spider (relieves some of the awkrard tension, you can feel a smile as you do the actions).
- Row Row Row your boat gently down the stream.(first verse only can be repeated).
- Teddybears picnic(If you go down in the woods today)
When there are children in a relationship either as partners or married you hear a lot of the time oh we stay together for the sake of the children.Should this be the only reason for staying together? lets take a quick look at reasons for staying in the relationship for your self and for the sake of the children or should one of you make the step and leave?.
- Do you argue constantly?: can it be resolved or is it ongoing
- Do you shout and scream at each other over nothing? Does one of you end up walking out without finding a compromise to the situation only for it to be dragged out for days at a time not speaking to each other?
- is there physical violence involved?
- Do you feel bullied or trapped that you can’t escape coz you’ll have no where to go?
- Does the other partner make you feel you’ll be lost without them so you feel you have no choice but to stay?
- We love each other and manage to clear the air before the night is up.
- Are the children playing up, hear the arguments, are scared ,cry in their room or copy violent behavior?:this can have a long term effect on children in a negative way so needs to be resolved between you both so everyone is happy or break up the children must always be your number 1 priority.
WHY NOT SHARE YOUR VIEWS ON THE MATTER AND LEAVE A COMMENT JUST BELOW
amazing new lines have just been added to the nanny nicu department of Cheeky Chums premature baby clothes store.The latest trend setters clothes come in unique fabric colour combinations such as lush plum and lime and hot cerise pink polka dots. So for baby wear in sizes 2.0-2.5kg or 3.0-3.5kg these are the perfect present for your baby. see these and other funky coloured clothes for preemie babies here
baby Harper Beckham Victoria beck hams darling baby girl now age 14 months has always worn the latest fashion garments just out for babies. This week she even goes along with mummy Victoria to fashion shows. (click on the link to see her with mummy Victoria Beckham)
her hair has now grown longer and thicker. Victoria has always dressed her baby’s hair with accessories such as cutie headbands.
I wonder if Victoria will plan on having any more children? What do you think leave a comment just below.
This week we shall be answering your questions on baby loss if it is likely to offend please press your back button now.
You have just received the scariest news ever, that baby has sadly passed away in the womb.After getting such bad news as this you will be in shock for the next few weeks and everything will seem like a blur as you get through it.
the most important points to remember is
- this is still your baby.
- this your body.
- and your decision at the end of the day of what happens next.
- You do not have to go along with the crowd in what they have done.
- you can be different to whats classed as the norm.
- The next few weeks to follow will determine how you survive each day,month year later, This is the only chance you ever get to hold, cuddle, kiss and look at your baby, so cherish every moment.
Don’t let family members put pressure onto you and your partner if you have one in doing something you could regret years down the line.It because of the turmoil in receiving the bad news that you will find it hard in making important decisions. Get good support close by if you are on your own as a single parent .
Your options will depend on where you live, your medical and any previous pregnancies and births, and of course any preferences you might have.
- Where would your ideal delivery place like to be at home or hospital perhaps ?
- the Birth plan.You may want to let nature take its course and deliver normally without any intervened induction of labour.
- pain relief you can have as much as you want.
- What would you like happen to baby after delivery to keep baby by your side wash,bath dress, etc have family cuddles?
- Where do you want baby to go a while after delivery to the hospital mortuary, collected by the funeral directors ?
- Kept at home.Depending on the condition of baby at birth, age of gestational weeks can determine if you want or need an autopsy.What will baby wear whilst having an autopsy you may want to order a simple gown, a baby bereavement outfit for the funeral and a second outfit for baby’s keepsake memory box.
- if baby is full term baby he or she has be to be cremated or buried by law( This UK law effects all babies born 24 weeks gestational age completed)..
- MID term babyloss under 24 weeks have tiny bodies so if keeping baby at home for a short while the room will need to be kept cool.You may want the undertaker to collect baby then, in case of a weakening of baby’s body condition and health and safety reasons of the environment. For now in the Uk babies under 24 weeks do not get a stillborn death certificate but the laws may change soon.
This week we shall be answering your questions on baby loss if it is likely to offend please press your back button now.
We lost our baby at 2o weeks gestation and due to have her in next few days Can we have a baby funeral at this many weeks gestation?
Yes If you plan on having an autopsy the funeral directors can collect her from the hospital after a few days of completion.contact your local funeral directors some do not charge for baby funerals.They will be able to advise you on costings for a family plot or baby garden at your local cemetery if you do not have a family plot already.You may want to see if she can be laid to rest in a close relatives such as a great/grandparent if they have the grave deeds and enough room.
Will people think it strange if I don’t go to my baby’s funeral he was 22 weeks into my pregnancy totally unexpected?
Sometimes you make choices when your emotions get the better of you. Do what you feel really comfortable with but don’t rush into the baby’s funeral arrangements if other family members are putting pressure on you to do so.You cant turn back the clock to do it again years later.Saying goodbye at a funeral helps you to realize baby has gone for a final sleep and cannot be with you anymore in person.
If I have a family service with cremation instead of a funeral for my baby born at 18 weeks gestation can I keep the baby ashes with me at the side on my bedside cabinet.
- For babies this small there isn’t a lot of ashes remains.To help cope with grief Families find A little grave plot with the ashes placed inside soothing finally realizing baby has gone and is at peace.It also gives a sense of release in the healing process of grief.
- Scattered ashes in a baby memorial garden,baby will be in the company with other babies and is another healthier option for your own peace of mind.
- Buried ashes in a special garden to visit with a little tree or bush at the side is another option.You may struggle emotionally and hard with your closest family members if baby is kept by your side.
If baby is delivered stillborn from 24 weeks does there have to be a funeral service ?
By law in the UK babies born of 24 weeks completed gestation have to be buried or cremated.Hospitals offer a service where they cremate babies a few at a time together and all ashes are scattered in a little memorial garden you can attend this short service if you prefer.
So baby’s bedroom needs a make over now he or she is coming up to age 1 or 2 year old.What would you like to see happen this time?
more of a playroom? decorating a toddler room to be more colourful? more toys and storage room? lets take a look at some idea’s to give you inspiration.Decorating and furnishing a toddler room in Primary colours is an excellent way to help your child learn right though to the age of 5.Primary colours are red,yellow green and blue.Avoid tv characters as they grow out of fads so easily then you will have wasted money and have to start again
- think safety once baby can climb out of the cot its time to get a new bed /covert the cot into its bed if its a cot bed using a safety rail or bed on the floor so he /she doesn’t fall out.
- never let a toddler use bunk beds leave these until older age 3-4 year old plus
watch for anything that can be grabbed as they pull to a standing position.
your ex wife or partner as decided you can see the kids this weekend.
Its the first time you have seen them in ages so what can you do to keep the stress levels low and keep the kids happy too.
- Don’t buy them Love,spending quality time together is better than buying them a gift to play with in a corner whilst you read the paper watch tv or play on a game.
- your kids will have missed you. Do fun things together such as paper mache mess.its shredded up newspaper ,a tub of water mixed with some flour and they stick the paper over a blown up balloon in several layers. when dry they can paint them the next time they are down. you pop the balloon and they have made a model with you too.
- need some fresh air with them instead of being cooped up in a small house of flat? meet up with a mate with his kids, the kids meet friends take a football and join in don’t stand by and watch them play get involved it will keep you fit too.
- Don’t play off one parent against the other with your kids, asking them questions about who mummy is seeing or what she is up to. its their day with you so make the most of it.
- Find 3 things to do that don’t cost money, taking the kids to a fun fair when you are skint is no joke they will want this,try that,can I have this so forget the expensive treats.They will expect it every time.
- When kids want you and pester you its for a reason, they want your quality time ignoring them encourages boredom and naughtiness just to make you take notice,get an old roll of wall paper and get the kids and you to create the biggest picture for a wall mural they can express their feelings by drawing anything,you will be surprised what they draw!
- Get them back on time, don’t argue at the front door as you drop them off or you will go home stressed all for nothing. you’ll feel its a chore having the kids at the weekend and you will avoid picking them up which is really unfair to the children.
mummy at home,mummy working at home too yeah not with get rich quick scams but using your brain,keeping it active and bringing home a good pay-packet too well eventually Lol heres how.
You are bored at home once the kids are looked after housework done how about a hobby that brings in spare cash then eventualy turns out to be a big busness venture with loads of money coming from yourself as a wahm (work at home mum).
Think outside the box what could you do to make the world a better place can you solve a problem, do you have junk around the house do you like making jams etc.Small business start out with a good idea then in no time at all staff are employed and the world is your oyster. thats how Cheeky Chums the premature baby clothes superstore started off as.
Think of this you had a baby last year an attic full of baby stuff why not use ebay to sell them and make some instant cash.Dont just take a quick picture look at others who are good sellers see how they do it first, be honest to a prospective buyer if an item has a scratch on it when you describe an item for sale.people like honesty.
Another idea Turn dirty toys into spranking brand new ones with a good clean and using sterlizing fluid take a good picture then presto upload it and tell the world how other mums can pocket the difference by buying slightly used items.
You could use craft ideas make hand made cards, jewellery as a working at home mom.
Research ebay see what everyone is looking for then think what have you got hanging around that can be turned into someone elses thrifty item.You may want to sell hand bags shoes or designer clothes for mums.
The thing thats important is be different ! dont copy of another business idea, get creative stir up your mind write down all ideas and try them out on friends first.
mum at 3 yr old I wish you had never been born!
What a statement!
today is a catch you unaware day lets see if any of these other these statements applys to you as a parent.
Dad at 6 year old son “I am sick and fed of you I wish you would drop dead”!
Mum at twin boys age 10 If you dont get out of that %^&())_$$$$$(swears) bedroom now ill give you the best good hiding you have ever had.
Dad at oldest of 3 kids You stupid nit how many more times do I have to tell you, you make me sick you do,get in your bedroom no tea for you!
Mum screams at 4 year old daughter, Daughter screams back, kicks her mum and runs off upstairs slamming the door behind her, so mum cannot get in to smack her.
Mum watches Tv her 3 kids fighting with each other spitting and swearing at mum, mum says wait until your dad gets home swears back you litttle B****ds.
What is the possitive remarks or actions made by these parents. Is the behaviour good and showing love, compassion,kindness,helpfulness.
What behaviour are some of the kids mimicking? Parents have to set good examples if they want their children to grow up learning respect. Children under 4 years may spend more time with parents in a home environment so its here that if love is shown then they too will inpart it at nursery,school,high school etc. Yes kids do pick up bad behaviour from thier friends but it is not the school’s responcibility its us as parents first to lead by example.
A child will lack self esteem if it thinks its bad and with comments like” I wish you had never been born” these are not something you should be telling your kids or they will start to believe it.
If you swear all day as adults then you can’t expect your kids not to learn from you. You may want to give them a slap becuase its wrong how can it be wrong in their eyes if its you that say it all the time anyhow. Think before you speak is what you say to your child a possitve comment or a negative one!
Their future starts as young as 1 year old when picking up those first words mama dada etc What language do you want your kids to say or have you no respect for yourself Do you not care if your kids swear or not The responcibility first lies with you at home first.
Here are 5 issues that could make it harder to wean off breastfeeding
Does your baby have to have a feed in order to get to sleep.
Does your baby use you as a dummy to settle.
Do you fall asleep breastfeeding your baby because it wont go to sleep without you.
Is your toddler coming up for 3 years and you feel he or she may be missing out if you stop breastfeeding.
Do you keep breastfeeding a secret from other parents because your child is so demanding.
A child as old as 6 years was reported to still be breastfeeding.
Do you feel that you are stuck in a rut and can’t stop?
What are your motives for breastfeeding a child so late.We recommend you speak to your health visitor if this is getting out of hand.It could also be you that you feel you need to keep your child safe or don’t want to let go of that baby which is now apparent he or she isn’t any longer.
Age 0-1 years
toys must be safe to go in the mouth as babies use there mouths to explore things.
Toys must be washable and unbreakable.
Large plastic bricks (mega blocks), rattles and fabric books are suitable.
Children learn to walk around this age, toys that help them balance are very ideal such as push and pull walkers.
Shape sorters, bath toys and sand are also great for exploring.
Age 18months to 2 years
Children can do very simple jigsaws with large pieces
Small swings and slides are suitable for physical play
Simple pictures/nursery rhyme books.
You can make a some toys last through childhood so as a child grows from a baby to a toddler such as a set of plastic blocks can be felt, banged together by a 6 month old baby, but then can be used by a toddler to stack and build, then as the child gets older it can be used to learn to count or sort them into colour groups.
Household objects can be used as toys, cardboard boxes, empty clean yoghurt pots, empty washing up bottles. saucepans and wooden spoons make a good music, plastic bottle with rice, pasta or peas make a good shaker, you may find a child sometimes takes to these better than there own toys and at no expense but lots of fun.