Candice looked into the pram of her cousin.She was 15 and she had just had a baby.She thought it was cool because the baby ment she got extra money all to herself, she could give the baby cuddles.She could show her off to all her mates.She would be the center of attention. Or would she?
Is being pregnant at 15 or younger all its cracked up to be!
If this sounds like you take a look at what its like being a pregnant teenager and whats in store for you, if you did happen to fall pregnant.
- Having sex leave it out until you get married or least until you are older.
- Unprotected sex means you may get diseases.
- Without contraception You will get pregnant even if you only ever do it (have sex)the once.
- Traping your boyfriend by getting pregnant deliberately isn’t the answer, just so he will stay with you. If he is also a teenager he will want to go out parties and do all the things teenage lads do. He won’t want to be kept stuck at home with a kid.
- Having a baby is cool during the first week when your mates say how cute baby is,fussing over you asking you all the gory details about the birth. but they won’t be the one getting hardly any sleep whilst you feed the baby in the middle of the night.
- Its you that will be stuck at home with out a baby sitter . whilst they go out having real good fun together leaving you feeling totally left out.
- your mum or parent may give you some help but at the end of the day its your baby you will be in sole charge of a screaming baby not knowing why its crying in the early weeks.
- You will be the one that’s rushing off to the baby clinic for baby’s regular health checks whilst your mates have time chilling out.
- You will have to make sure baby is clean, baby has clean washing, baby has regular feeds,baby is dressed warmly appropriate for the season.
- Then its gets worse colic problems can occur do you know how to handle a baby with colic,what about sick and poop when poorly. more nappies to change more washing to do yourself to keep up.A crying baby that is hard to console.
- Teething screams again, redcheeks sore bottom the list is endless and its all all down to you to look after a baby until its at least 18 years of age.
- Then you have got the toddler stage walking around poking into cupboards having to keep your eyes open and aware that baby can have accidents more at this stage as baby becomes more mobile.Your fiends will take look and say oh ill come back another day when you are not so busy. Guess what you will be busy for the rest of the time that your baby is growing up.
- So think again before you feel that getting pregnant as a teenager is a good thing to do its totally not cool!