- I found a great gun that blows bubbles on the local market it uses batteries and my 6 year old grandaughter and me loved it kept her amused for 3 full days use rechargeable batteries for longer lasting fun and grab a 6 pack of bubbles from a supermarket as the batteries soon use up the bubbles.
- Water fight, use empty bottles such as fizzy pop shampoo bottles well rinsed free of soap residue that could sting a childs eye.Its great dry them after off for a fun filled afternoon.
- A box of chalk,children can create pictures on the pavement the down pour thats expected later will wash it all away ready to start again the next day.
- Grab a packet lof seeds from asupermarket as its cheaper than garden centres Netto is the cheapest ive found let the kids plant seeds or strawberry plants approx £1.00 each they learn responcibility as they have to water them each day but can eat the strawberries later on in the year.
- look on the carboot sale for small trampolines small bikes,skipping ropes etc keeps the kid fit too avoid the large trampolines that fill a garden with netting around Ive seen to many children have accidents and broken arms with these even though the netting is supposed to protect them.