Bathing a newborn baby may be easy but if it cries a lot and you don’t have it all planned baby can end up being more stressed in the process so heres 5 tips to getting just right.
- preperation key factor get all you need before picking baby up.Such as clean clothes,bath towel,baby toiletries,bucket for soiled clothes.
- add cold water first then hot so not to scald baby
- test water temperature with your sensitive elbow so its just right.Do fuss around then come back to bath water later as it will be too cold by then.
- Use a baby bath support to give you confidence in holding a slippery newborn in the baby bath.A baby can pick up on a nervous mum.
- Bath baby before giving a feed so it will feel settled rather a full tummy then bath.