Top 5 tips Toddlers Terrified of Terrible Thunder storms
As a child what do you remember about being in a terrible thunder storm? Did you scream and cry? Did you hide under the bedcovers. Did your parents tell you to stop being a big baby?
Well In case you don’t know how to tell your own toddlers lets look at the top 5 tips for telling toddlers and young children about thunder storms.
- If you ares till terrified then your child can pick up on it too give them a rainy day activity and go into the next room keeping your self busy with tidying up hoovering etc to take your own mind away from it.
- Keep safe and watch through the window and enjoy counting after a loud thunder how many miles away the storm is count one one thousand 2 one thousand3 one thousand and so how to tell you how far away it is.5 one thousand would mean 5 miles away 10 ten miles away etc.
- So a child doesn’t get frightened of going out in the rain let them splash in puddles with an umberella, wellingtons and a raincoat when there isn’t a thunder storm accompanying it.
- If you are all caught out in it don’t hide under trees find shelter such as a near by building, shop or get to the car and close the windows not a convertable.
- Avoid hill tops during storms and don’t take the young children fishing