One of the questions often asked is can you have a small glass of wine or drink alcohol whilst pregnant?
Well think of it is way if one glass one day is ok then one glass another day is ok when would it stop? if alcohol damages a growing fetus in cases of fasd then no alcohol should be drunk.
what is FASD
fetal alcohol spectrum disorders (FASDs) are a group of conditions that can occur in a baby whose mother drank alcohol during pregnancy. These effects can include physical problems and problems with behavior and learning. Often, a person with an FASD has a mix of these problems.
A baby with an FASD might have:
- Abnormal facial features, such as a smooth ridge between the nose and upper lip (this ridge is called the philtrum)
- Small head size
- Shorter-than-average height
- Low body weight
- Poor coordination
- Hyperactive behavior
- Difficulty paying attention
- Poor memory
- Difficulty in school (especially with math)
- Learning disabilities
- Speech and language delays
- Intellectual disability or low IQ
- Poor reasoning and judgment skills
- Sleep and sucking problems as a baby
- Vision or hearing problems
- Problems with the heart, kidneys, or bones